Saturday, January 3, 2009

A few memories in print.

Some songs or poems I've written late last year.
I remember all the emotions I felt when I wrote them.
I'm glad I'm only reminiscing now,
I could've been happier, making the right choices.

"With the moon as my inspiration"

G
She made me look at the moon
Cadd9
I'd say it seemed dim
Em7
But I couldn't keep it out of sight
Cadd9 G
Guess what, it brought me a smile

G
Pale and yellow was the mood
Cadd9
That night I fell to a gloom
En7
So then, this pad slid open
Cadd G
Then my words came rushing here

Am
Tonight I'll tell you a story
Bm C
Of how I'd been playing with follies
Am C
And, I'll tell you, yeah I'm sorry
G
For being me.

Verse: G cadd9 em7 cadd9 g
I want to pack up in June
I guess I would move down west
Extend my still quiet warm summer
Until the date's september

I'll learn how to start out good
I'd say that I was trying
Turning over a new leaf for real
Guess what, I think they'll buy it

Chorus Am Bm C Am Bm C G
Tonight I'll tell you a story
Of how I'd been playing with follies
And, I'll tell you, yeah I'm sorry
For being me.

Am
I'd say that the moon
C
Way back in october on the seventeenth night
Am
Was the source
C D
Of my hoping, my changing, my failing

Verse
Because she made me look at the moon
I said it seemed bright
But I couldn't keep it out of sight
Guess what, it brought out a lie.


"So it comes to this"

Verse: Em#-C*-A*-G

So it comes to this,
I'm singing you a song
We're face to face and all
Cause I haven't made you fall for me

So it comes to this
A feeling of a cold kiss
I'm here in a silver mist
I'm just simply lost

Pre-Chorus:C-B#-Am-G

So Let's see
What time has brought for me
What day has shone to me
what the stars have made me see

So let's hope
That something broke my fall
and caught me despite it all
So Tonight please heed my call

Chorus:C-G-Am-G

Cause it has come to this
I've been captured and you made me break
I don't know what else to say
I'm out of luck but not short on faith

Cause it has come to this
I've been captured and broke out a line
But still I hope that you'll be mine
I'm still waiting for that smile

Verse
And it has come to this
I had been counting all these days
Waiting to get to this place
Where I can embrace you so

And it has come to this
Your silence is burning me
With such strength that you'll be able to bend
The mountains that stand against my dreams and me

Bridge:C-B#-Am-G
So let's dance
And sing this ode of romance
This is my final stand
Before I ask you to hold my hand

So hold my hand
And dream about tomorrow
So hold my hand
And dream out a new dream
So hold my hand
Before i lose faith in my bland smile
So hold my hand
After I sing this song for you
So hold my hand
I really want you to
So hold my hand
This is my only request to you
Just hold my hand
Just hold my hand

"A Poem"


As I stayed, I thought, to write a song.
But I failed, arriving home, before dawn.
The clock doesn't stop nor speed up,
It only slows down, and my heart beats thus.

So never have I been less prose in writing,
never running out of words, that I've been finding.

So All I ask,
Is for your time, and your presence,
Nothing more can I ask,
If with these I can bask.

Your presence, as a whole,
Be it by your mind and your soul.
Never does it pain me so,
To see, only one of these you show.

Be it love?
That has caused me be prose?
Be it fear?
That inspired me so?

I stay, for I fear your depart.
Adjacent, I sit, still fearing your depart.
And you asked me, "Never leave me."
But that was before you were with me.

And I told you, "I'll never leave you."
Proved my word to be true.
It was I who ended up asked you,
"Please leave now, why don't you?"

And I said that because I noticed,
The smile you put on, slowly dimmed.
And as it faded away,
So did the one on my face.

Before you go,
I think should know,
The peak of my night
was when our hands fell close.

Fell close just to show,
That my fingers were quite small,
And then they touched,
As I proved they weren't tall.

And it was the peak,
because our hands did meet.
And that feeling of touch
Was one that words could not match.

So Never am I less prose,
Than in mornings after the nights,
Wherein I have done you wrong,
Sorry, now please don't be gone.



I missed all the "you"s in all the songs in all the lines I've written.
Now, when asked who the "you" is, I could only help but wonder who "you" is too.
And I hope you get me with what I just said,
It never really was easy, having kept these things unsaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment