Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Just Another Scenic Battle

So another battle year passes, another 12 months, another 52 weeks, another 366 days, another 8784 hours, another 527040 minutes.

And in the last few moments of that scenic battle we call 2008, I realized a few things;
Angels' halos don't float on top of their heads, they dangle from their foreheads, covering their eyes, making them blind. That their hearts are made of strands of paper with song titles written on them to provide emotions, all intertwined to shape a heart.That they wear their hearts like necklaces for there is no need to protect them. That some people are angels who lost their wings, breaking through the heavens, and that they are extremely attracted to whatever is beautiful, treasuring it since they've been blind. That their hearts, softer and easier torn than others, being made of paper, and ink. That these angels who've fallen sometimes want to go back to where it is they belong. That assurance is quite tangled up with closure. That the words I've spent a lot of time on trying to weave in to the stories I've conceived are treasured by the audience.

That the sunrise is quite slow, but nevertheless worth the wait.
And at its peak of beauty, the rays never are more orange.


Quite a few things to ponder upon for the new fight;
For the angels who've lost their wings and their halos; Are the people that you've found worth the vulnerability?
For all the others; Do you treasure the angels that stay for you?

Which do you like best, the sunset or the sunrise?
How fast do you want time to go?
Will you ever be at a loss for words?
Will you treasure what there is, before it's gone?


Yesterday, for the first time, I found myself with nothing to say, at a hopeless loss for words.
I felt miserably bland, having nothing to say, to think about, a loss of personality would be a good way to describe it.

But all that happened after reminiscing all the things that've happened for that battle. All the people, all the memories they've provided me with for the next battles. For all their words that've kept me overflowing with more words. For their feelings that've helped me live a little bit more than others. For their ears which were never deaf. For their eyes which've always read what I've written. For their hearts that've beated a little faster everytime there were thoughts they've pondered on, everytime there were songs they could sing along to, every time there were words and stories conceived to help them see a little bit clearer.

"Take a second, take a second and make this last, here where the future meets the past."
All the Memories by The Classic Crime

Wordplay that good, comes around not as often as it did before.



In this battle, I'm still looking for what is rare,

I never did open my eyes that wide,

I never got used to the thought of losing my golden blindfolds.

I never did find my wings.

Despite that, I still try.


Yeah, these angels love their checkered shoes, as well as their slim fit tee's
But today's beauty wasn't only in orange, there are other colors.
Keep in mind that orange still tops them all.
These angels aren't like Hancock with all the twists and turns and destruction involved, the only destruction they create are theirs.
They last a lot of battles and heal a lot of wounds, not in the way you'd naturally perceive though.
They cannot fly. For the reason that I'll tell you once again, that they've lost their wings.
They're cool as they've gone past the harp and broken into guitars and mics.
They even do punk to acoustic, oh how versatile they've grown!
They like to play a lot, yup they do.
If beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, what happens if the beholder is blind?


I've always wanted to sound like the Little Prince, or write in the manner his book was written,
Oh so please do try to read between my lines, as they may contain what I pertain to as wordplay which does not come around as often as it used to.


And at a loss of words, I may've been bland for a while,
But once they came back, I was once again, filled to the brim.

"Sunsets never were so bright, and the sky never so blue."

No comments:

Post a Comment