Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm Quiet.

Perhaps, you find yourself laughing at that statement.
Those who know me , will most likely disagree with my title.

I appear to be happy, talkative, even hyper.
But from time to time, I slip up, whispering things that aren't expected from the mouth of a person like "me."

So, I thought about it.
And here's what's up.

I've let myself be puppetted by people, with their thoughts and words, becoming a stranger to myself. And looking at the mirror, making faces and thinking, "Who are you, how are you significant in my life?" No answer comes. Sometimes, I guess, when you wear to many masks, it might come to a point that you forget how your face looks like and when you take your face off, you won't know it until it hurts.

Let this post be somewhat of a "Self-searching process."

I don't know why but, I've been trying to avoid using "I, Me , or Myself"
Trying to seem less-conceited.

But, forget that for a while.

I am quiet, mainly because it lets me be silent.
And I'll tell you, when you speak, you can hear others, but when you are silent, you'll be able to listen.

I am quiet, because I am not open to all people, afraid that I might surprise them with "Who" I am.

I am quiet, because with masks on, my voice is muffled.

I am quiet, simply because I've been puppetted to be.


When you look at the mirror, it's you who says what you are, what you aren't, what you can, and what you can't.

The catch is, that with your choices come the consequences.
Sure you can be great, sure you'll be able to speak your mind, but at the cost of losing some people.

This is what troubles me,
My pride says go.
My trying-to-please heart says no.

So what does a boy,
With nothing more than words, do?
What does a boy,
Who can't use his words, say?
What does a boy,
Torn between his thoughts, his realities, what he sees, what is, what he dreams, do?

He can try and blend them all in together.
But at the cost of the inhabitants of his realities.
He can try to stay with his dreams,
At the cost of fading away from reality and its audience.
He can stay with what "is",
At the cost of trading his dreams.

Weighing it,
the scales never stop changing.
For the weight of my dreams, can vary from "bearable" to "I have to share it with you."
For the weight of reality can vary from "The audience" to "My audience being you, and you alone."

You see, if you'd let me,
You can be my everyone.
That's the story of this world's treasures.
Anything can be your everything,
also anyone can be your everyone.

Save me.

No comments:

Post a Comment