Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I've had Enough Sunsets

Sunsets,
You can't deny it, they are beautiful.
The slow fall of the sun, and the last hints of the mixtures of red and yellow in the sky.
They mark the end of the day.
They are used in songs to try and be able to compare a certain person's captivating power to a sunset's grandeur.

Sunsets and Car Crashes by The Spill Canvas
"And in case you were wondering,
You are like a sunset to me,
You're all kinds of beatiful as you'd end my day,
And you'll sweetly retire as the stars chase you away."

And the sunsets were always orange.
And the stars that chased you, always blue.

But, after a sunset, we overlook the beauty.
We talk of stars late at night and how they seem to shimmer against the black veil of night.
We talk of the cold, cold moon.

But we haven't talked of the empty skies.
We haven't talked about the rising of the moon.
We haven't talked about stars slowly being visible.

So now, I will try to compare you to the night.
As the warm and tiring day ends, you help me rest.
As the sun that gives light fades, you shine assuring me I'm safe.
And I could go on and on and on but what I really want to say is;

"Thank you for you without you, it would be impossible for me to see beauty.
For without you, nothing would shine as bright,
For without you, tomorrow wouldn't mean as much as it does.
Without you, dreaming is pointless."


Together, let's transcend what they see.
And be beautiful in things they can't see or even imagine.
How grand that would be.

And so that's all for the empty sky.

I forget to mention,
11:11P.M.
Keep wishing.
It'll give you a reason to see if tomorrow, your wish loves you too.

Tomorrow,
we go for wishes.

But tonight,
I'll pray we meet in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment